Heat Pump Installation
Save on your energy costs by installing a high-efficiency heat pump that can not only heat your home, but cools it during the summer!
One of the best central heating and cooling systems you can get for your home is a quality heat pump from CityWide Plumbing & Power. A properly chosen heat pump will heat your home in the winter and cool it in the summer for a fraction of the cost compared to other heating systems. A heat pump works by bringing heat from the air outside your home and transferring that heat inside your home through a system of copper pipes and a heat transfer coil. Heat pumps are efficient enough to perform this heat transfer even when its a couple degrees above zero outside! In the summer, the process is reversed in order to cool the inside of your home.
Heat Pump Benefits
Need a few reasons why installing a heat pump in your home is an excellent investment?
- Heat pumps can be used to cool your home during the summer and warm it during the winter
- Heat pumps are more energy efficient than traditional systems, in turn lowering your energy bills
- Heat pumps on average last 15 years and require less maintenance and repairs
- Ductless heat pump systems offer greater installation flexibility and comfort zones
- Rebates are available for BC Residents when installing heat pumps in their homes
- Heat pumps increase the value of your home and are often a deciding factor for home buyers
Conventional Heat Pumps
Conventional or ducted air source heat pump systems have one outdoor unit which pulls air from the exterior of the home through a system of ductwork into an air handler which heats your home in the cold months and cools it in the warmer summer months. A conventional heat pump can lower your energy costs by up to 50%, and if you are replacing and old gas or oil furnace, you are also substantially reducing your carbon footprint. One drawback to a conventional heat pump system is you set one temperature for the entire house.
Mini-Split or Ductless Heat Pumps
A ductless or mini-split heat pump gives home owners a cooling and heating system that offers all the benefits of a conventional heat pump system and installation options that can't be beat. A ductless heat pump can be installed almost anywhere and without the need for air ducts, making it quicker to install and more affordable. And with the ability to have different comfort zones in different areas of your home, you can be cool and comfortable in one room, and warm and cozy in another room.
Learn more about ductless heat pumps.