Cleaning your air ducts or ac vents is essential when it comes to maintaining maximum efficiency of your HVAC system
The air quality inside your home plays an important role in the health of you and your family, yet it is often overlooked by homeowners. You should have the ducts in your home cleaned every 1 to 3 years depending on how active the occupants are inside the home. No family should have to breathe in pollutants such as dirt, dust, lint, mold, and pet dander.
Duct cleaning increases the quality of the air circulating throughout your home, which in turn helps prevent health issues. Pollutants live inside the ducts in your home and you are breathing them in every day. Having a deep clean of your ducting system will result in a cleaner living environment, reduction in allergens and irritants allowing you to breathe easier, improved airflow, and less unpleasant odours. Your HVAC system will also run at optimal efficiency when the dust and debris is no longer hindering airflow which means less energy is used resulting in lower energy bills.
Reasons to clean your ducts:
- There are children or seniors living in the home
- Someone in the home has asthma or allergies
- There are pets in the home
- You recently renovated or purchased the home
- You can't remember having the air ducts cleaned
Our duct cleaning includes:
- Inspection of the complete ducting system
- Vacuum ducts and HVAC system including furnace, air conditioner, blowers and more
- Agitation tools used to dislodge dust and debris
- Sealing all access points
- Optional dryer vent cleaning
- Final cleaning and inspection
CityWide Plumbing and Power uses specialized equipment designed for duct cleaning making it easier for our technicians to reach, dislodge and remove various contaminants and particles in your ventilation system. Any time is a good time to clean your ducts, but you should definitely consider scheduling a cleaning before you start your furnace in the winter or the AC system in the summer.